Thursday, June 30, 2011

Perspectives on Jealousy

This is my little public service announcement of sorts. My thoughts and, perhaps, subpar advice on jealousy. 


Jealousy is a very strong thing- be cautious. It is something that lurks in one's life and slowly consumes relationships- friendships and those more personal.
People get jealous of us if we have nice things- materialistic jealousy or of our success in careers, ect.
Although you are not the one that is jealous, jealousy has a funny way of sneaking into your life and affecting your negatively if you are surrounded by jealous individuals.

Why cant people, instead, be happy for one's success and congratulate them. To me, it seems a lot easier and it does not slowly person someone out of your life. No negative things- gossip, rumors, back stabbing would occur if people could just be happy for their friends.

images via

Its the last day of june- can i get 6 more followers to reach my goal of 100?!

3 comments:

  1. I think most people want to be happy for each other, but the jealously monster just creeps up on them. It's definitely happened to me at times, & when I look back on how I've acted I feel terrible. And you're right, when someone seems to be jealous of your accomplishments, it really brings you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts like this..they really make me think! And I agree, it is very easy to get caught up in what everyone else has, but at the end of the day we'll feel happiest if we focus on the good we have and being happy for others!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...