Friday, July 19, 2013

Fashion Friday: Fit For The Palace

The New York Palace, which we all know and love from Gossip Girl, recently underwent a $140 million renovation project and debuted their Royal Suite. You can read more about my preview of the Suite at Skimbaco Lifestyle.

When I got the invitation, I immediately started thinking about what I was going to wear to the Palace, especially being in the Royal Suite! The weather has been unbearably hot in New York for the past 2 weeks so I knew lightweight chinos and a button down would be perfect.

Shirt: Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Chinos: Ralph Lauren
Sandals: Ralph Lauren
Belt: Hermes
I love the contrast of something brightly colored against a preppy navy. In this instance, it really makes my shirt standout, and in addition my sandals contrast against the navy chinos as well. I am not usually a huge sandal person, but these have such a European flare to them that I thought they were a perfect fit with the outfit.

So if it was perfect for the Royal Suite at the Palace, I think this outfit would definitely work for dinners, the Hamptons, or perhaps on my upcoming trip to the South of France!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...