Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Healthy Chip: Kale

Over the past year or so I've developed into a minor health food freak, conscious of every little thing i choose to put in my mouth.
Im currently on a little diet and that always brings out the creativity in the kitchen when you are desperately craving a chip for example.

Here's the solution: Kale Chips

Kale is sort of a magical green with benefits ranging from lower cholesterol to clinical results showing a risk-lowering benefit for five types of cancer.

Ingredients:
  • Kale
  • Sea Salt
  • Olive Oil
Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 300 degrees
  • Wash and cut Kale, towel dry
  • Toss kale with olive oil and sea salt
  • Place kale flat on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until crisp
Enjoy this healthy potato chip replacement!


8 comments:

  1. I've been hearing so much about kale chips. Can't wait to try these. Thank you for posting this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kale chips, such a great alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am absolutely in love with kale chips! It's crazy how much more I like veggies with a bit of olive oil and sea salt. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried kale but this is a good way to start. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been loving kale salads lately and might have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try this! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just tweeted this out. I'm going to make this.

    Caught up on all your posts.

    Are you a senior or junior? Definitely get your parents on board for spring break, and Europe. Also, see if you can do some summer studies abroad. Don't give up on your hopes. I regret not doing it...so now I just vacation there when I can, but I certainly would encourage it...even if for three months. Leigh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...