Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Last of Summer



I was introduced to the menswear accessory brand, Rail + River, recently. They do great ties and pocket squares in whimsical prints, great fabrics, and classic styles, all handmade right in New York City. Jon of Rail + River was nice enough to send me some great ties and a pocket square to experience the brand hands on.



While their website has the new fall collection available, my one tie had me reminiscing about the summer with its white stripes and light blue fabric. I had a revelation that our days of wearing white pants are numbered with Labor Day right around the corner. Thus, I made an outfit that is a final tribute to the summer and summer whites. It is anchored with preppy pastels and classics such as an oxford and lightweight chinos. 

This look is perfect for that last minute summer wedding or dinner party. I left the tie loose for a more casual look and to make the blazer less formal. I love the light pink and blue combination. What are you donning for your last summer hoorah? 









Checkout the Rail + River Blog for great menswear inspiration and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...