Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Iconic New York: Bowery Hotel

The Bowery Hotel maybe relatively new, but it has made quite the impact in the short time that it has been open. This trendy downtown hotel is quickly becoming the new "it" hotel to stay at and hang out for celebrities. The hotel is characterized by its old world styled lobby and dark wood that are juxtaposed with the floor-to-cieling windows and more modern decor of the guest rooms. Conde Nast Travel, including the hotel on their hot list, described it as "the classic new york experience, timeless and sophisticated."

One fun amenity that the hotel offers is complimentary bicycles. (Helmets and locks included!). There isnt a better way to get around the East Village and sightsee than on a bike. Their Italian restaurant "Gemma" is supposed to be very good- always packed, although it looks like it gets a little sceney.

Jennifer Lopez and Demi Moore both hosted birthday parties for their respective men, so who knows who you might run into.





Doubles run between $525-$575 a night.




On a side note- are you on Google+? If so, add me!

3 comments:

  1. I must confess, the idea of riding a bike around NYC make me a little nervous. However, I think The Bowery sounds fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen pictures of the inside. It's insanely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this post. I love to read about NY hotels. Truthfully, I've not been in so long.

    Thanks for your comment, you must put England on your list. I've only stayed in London, and have done a few daytrips. I would like to experience the countryside.

    Hope you are having a great week. Leigh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...