Monday, April 27, 2015

DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub



I have recently been using a lot more natural products in my daily regime from food to skincare. Once you read realize just how many chemicals are in some of these things, it can be quite scary! I do not always have the latest and best skincare products stocked in my medicine cabinet, however, some times it is nice to exfoliate or have a great scrub.

My Lemon Sugar Scrub recipe is not only easy (it is ready within minutes and can be made on a dime) it is also completely natural and effective. I find that spring and summer is a great time to exfoliate as my skin my be peeling from the sun or covered in chlorine/sunscreen when at the pool or beach. The below recipe is quick, easy, and also inexpensive making it a great idea for gift giving or Mother's Day as well.

Lemon Sugar Scrub:

1 cup Sugar- I use organic, raw sugar which is more corse, providing a more intense scrub. Use the sugar of your choice

1/4 Cup Coconut Oil

5-8 drops Lemon Essential Oil

Optional: lemon zest


Start by melting the coconut oil in 10 second intervals until it has become liquid. Be sure not to overheat as this will melt the sugar when added. Add in sugar and essential oil. Note: if you want a more intense lemon scent add 10 drops essential oil. Stir together and add optional lemon zest...enjoy!


This scrub is very refreshing. I love to do it in the morning as the fresh lemon scent is invigorating first thing in the morning! Be sure to package your finished product in glass jars only as essential oils cannot be stored in plastic.




Note: I only recommend using Young Living Essential Oils. Learn how to purchase and how you can receive a 24% discount on all your orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...