Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Shearling Bomber: A Winter Essential

You may have gotten hit by Blizzard Juno, or it may have been in a bust in your area, however, many of us in the northeast will not disagree that it has been a quite cold winter. As a seasoned resident of this part of the country, it just seems like it never gets easier welcoming old man winter with the passing years.

Outerwear has always been one of my favorite things. A great jacket, whether fall, winter, or spring, is a must have piece for any wardrobe. I have numerous winter jackets and love to switch up my outerwear depending on my look or mood. One piece, however, is a winter essential if you are in a cold weather climate: a great shearling.


When shopping for a shearling, I opted to go with a modern, moto-inspired piece. The green color attracted me to this particular jacket as it was something different compared to the traditional black or tan styles. While a shearling bomber may not be the ideal choice for when the snow is falling, it is a great option for beating the cold after the storms. 

Given the modern edge of the jacket, I paired it with moto inspired denim that compliments the aspects of the jacket. I layered the bomber with a warm, merino wool sweater for added warmth. I finished this winter look by adding a warm pair of boots, perfect for walking over the snow covered sidewalks and streets of many of the cities in the northeast. 







Jacket: Ralph Lauren Black Label // Denim: Ralph Lauren Black Label // Boots: UGG




How are you staying warm this winter??




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...