When I think of Hamptons style, I think of easy and livable yet sophisticated. This of course includes of touch of refinement and modernity. The coastal aspect can be represented through the color scheme (blues and whites with accents of red) or small decorative accents throughout the home. I like the idea of anchoring a room with a large, light brown rug that plays well against the whites and blues. The element of wood can also be a great touch and also symbolic of the surrounding as the Hamptons does have a lot of trees and forest such as the north woods in East Hampton.
The nautical and coastal style theme has become a popular choice for decorative accents and is a go-to style for any beach home. Finding great pieces at good prices is fun and easy with the array of online home decor sites. Here are a few of my selections to incorporate a nautical touch into your home.
Pieces to Add Hints of Coastal Style in Your Home:
1. Sea Horse Table Lamp by Jonathan Adler: A lamp is a great way to bring a theme to a room. I love the subtleness of this lamp with its all white color scheme.
2. Nautical Flag Coasters by C.Wonder: Any bar and end table is not complete without a set of great coasters. This set by C.Wonder is extremely affordable and who doesn't love a great sailor's flag motif?
3. Vintage Pond Boat: Bringing a bit of old into any interior design, especially when mixed with modern pieces, is a great look. This vintage boat would make the perfect accent on an foyer table and focal point in a sitting room.
4. Anchor Guest Towels by Mark & Graham: Do not forget to keep the theme running throughout the entire home...including the guests! These towels are an easy way to spruce up the bathroom.
5. Butler Tray Table by Jonathan Adler: This piece is stylish and sophisticated as well as versatile. Use it in the living room as an end table or near the bar or outdoors as a serving table for drinks. The bamboo-esque legs are reminiscent of a lush beach.