Friday, June 21, 2013

Fashion Friday: Tonal Color Palette

When I mix colors in an outfit, I often mix colors that are more complimentary then those that are in the same color grouping. For example, I will pair a blue oxford with yellow chinos or a navy cable sweater with a pink polo.  The contrast between the colors makes the outfit pop. 

Tone-on-tone is another popular option. I see most people doing tone-on-tone white or black outfits. I tried doing a more tonal look with color of course.


Instead of pairing, say, a green sweater with this yellow shirt, I selected orange which was much closer to the color palette of the entire shirt. I like the look of a more tonal pairing. Do you wear tone-on-tone outfits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...