Friday, March 11, 2011

A Whole New Look and A Quiet Trip

My blog has a whole new look today....im so happy with it! :) What do you guys think?? It makes me feel so much more official. So thankful for blogging friends


I usually have stories about my bus trips such as this wonderful experience followed by this one here. However I got to leave a little bit earlier than normal so the bus only had about 10 people on it....so much better although there was no entertainment. I just got to listen to the apparently air powered windshield wipers go "shhhshhshs" for about 3 hours....i was going crazy by the end.


I've only been home for a few hours and its been so great minus the fact that when i got up this morning to check a grade on one of my Midterms I was very shocked to say the least. Anything under a 70 in my opinion is not really acceptable and is "failing"

so i sent the following email to my professor:

"I am severely concerned with my grade on the midterm. Has this grade already been curved? I took AP statistics in high school, and got an A on virtually every test and passed the AP exam as well. Thus, i know that i know statistics and have seen all this information before. With that said, I feel as though i should not be failing this statistics class, and would like to know how i can recover from this and do better in this class."




Clearly I am expressing a concern with my performance and want to do better... you think a professor would like this right??? Wrong

His repsonse:

"Nobody is failing the class. I will let you know what grade I am submitting to Albert as a Midterm grade"


Are you kidding??? He didnt even answer my most important question....What can i do to do better?!?!? I really cant stand when professors think they are higher than you based on the sole reason they are a professor so they can just ignore you ect. No, Im paying an obscene amount of money for your class, I want help.

I dont know what to do...any advice??


But on a positive note:

via

Have a great weekend!








7 comments:

  1. Love the new look!

    As for the professor, the only suggestion I can make it maybe to talk to him in person when you get back. Maybe the face to face talk will help him see you're not looking to just get by, & you want his help to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great new look!! isn't the "about me," section the hardest part to write??

    i'm having problems with a professor, too. i actually just emailed the department chair and had a half hour long conversation with her about the problematic professor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous! You did a fantastic job setting up everything - love it!

    My husband is an English professor, and he's always willing to help and go above and beyond to give students a break - but he is different than most. He's also only 29, so I guess he hasn't reached the old cranky professor stage yet... Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new look! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! As for the Professor, I would just keep working hard and doing everything you can. I would go to his office hours as well, maybe he will be more helpful in person. Also, talk to people that have already taken the class and see if they can give you any pointers. I had a similar thing happen to me and I feel like sometimes professors don't appreciate how much we care of how much work we put in. I hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone above. Perhaps an in-person chat would be best? That way he can see your sincere concern, and confusion at not performing better. He does sound a bit like a twit. Sorry your break started on such a sour note, but PLEASE don't let it spoil it!

    AND...adore the new look!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...